Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome



Over the past year I've spent close onto R12 000 on this wonderful sport called golf. This includes clubs, apparel, green fees and of course club membership.

I've been playing the game socially (whenever I was invited to play really) for nearly 10 years now so there was really no need to spend money on equipment. It's just the misguided intuition that your game will improve once you've changed your clubs. Absolute rubbish.

The annual Pro Shop sale and opening of The Golfers Club in Cape Town doesn't help either - I'd be silly not to buy something that's not on sale...even if it's a discontinued piece of equipment. Idiot.

Getting back to the blog. I decided to document my experiences and journey to a lower handicap. I am currently playing off a 24 handicap (18 allowance). That's right, "allowance" - not a freaking "lower handicap" like some of my esteemed golfing buddies often call it. My goal is of course to knock at least 4 shots off my handicap by the end of the year. That may sound like a lot but I play golf every week and sometimes even take a day's leave to compete in poorly organised golf days.

It's my aim to update this blog regularly with relevant articles and just general golf experiences in Cape Town. So welcome once again and here's wishing me success.

WARNING: This site WILL contain offensive language - it is a golf blog after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment